How do I become a Word Expert?
Become an expert in Word by going beyond the basics of creating a document to explore the features and tools that continue to make Word the most powerful, featured filled word processing program. Learn the use the advanced features and tools to become more efficient at producing professional documents.
How can I create more effective Word documents?
Everyone from grade school children to business executives has used or is using Word. The intuitive nature of the program
allows users to easily create a basic document, while also providing advanced tools for more complex documents.
To create more effective documents Word provides tools to help you grade the complexity and conciseness of your writing,
add graphics and graphs to visually enhance your document and provides tools to help you collaborate effectively with others.
Why should I learn Word at new Horizons?
Microsoft estimates that 1.2 billion people are using the MS Office Suite, which include Microsoft Word.
Most people are at least familiar with this program and can create basic documents. Word is the go-to tool
for producing all types of documents from sales proposals, to research papers to technical specification documents.
Training from New Horizons can help you unlock the powerful features of Word that will move you beyond the
basic word processing tools to create professional, visually appealing documents.
Comprehensive Microsoft Word training from New Horizons includes basic to advanced courses. Whether you're a new user of Word or would like to extend your skills, we've got you covered.
What Basic and Advanced Microsoft Word Skills Should I Expect to Learn at New Horizons Nashville?
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Secure a document.
- Create and manipulate forms.
- Create macros to automate tasks.