What is a Mobile Application Developer?
Mobile developers are a type of software developer. They specialize in mobile technology such as building apps for Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS and Microsoft’s Windows Phone platforms. For this reason job titles for this type of role also include Android developer and iOS developer.
Mobile developers learn the programming languages and software development environment for their chosen platform. Currently, there are a handful of major mobile platforms, each with its own core language(s) and development environment (eg Java for Android, Objective-C for iOS and C# for Windows Phone), but this is in a state of constant change to keep up with the pace of new technology.
What does a Mobile Application Developer do?
- Discussing the client’s requirements and the proposed solution with colleagues
- Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Using and adapting existing web applications for apps
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
Key skills for Mobile Application Developer
- Programming languages such as C#, Java, Objective-C
- Strong organizational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- Soft Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills
Required Education and or Certification.
A mobile developer certification can help you achieve a sizeable salary. When you need to get your resume noticed or prove that you deserve a promotion, a mobile app certification can also make a real difference.
Explore our Web & Mobile Development Training
You can also Live Chat, email, or call our center 615-251-6955 and learn how we can help you achieve your Mobile Application Developer goals!